Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Don't call it a comeback


Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
With apologies to LL Cool J ... I'm back from an extended hiatus. It's been over a year since I posted. No there was nothing wrong. Thanks for asking. Sometimes life happens while you are making other plans. So I sat the blog aside for a while. But now I'm back.
Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon
Listen to the bass go BOOM
That's not to say I have not been paying attention. My boys made some noise last year and I was loving every minutes of it. Doug Collins came in a righted the ship after the year of living dangerously under Eddie Jordon. Collins gave me a good vibe. It was enough to entice me to view last years model. After all, how could it be any worse? Collins came in and instilled some discipline, defense, and accountability. And guess what? After a horrendous start they managed to make the playoffs. Yeah ... I was the that Sixers playoff win versus the eat. I wasn't blogging but  I was soaking it all in.
Explosion, overpowerin
Over the competition, I'm towerin
So like the NBA I'm back. I am relieved for not to having to comment on the stupidity that was the NBA lockout. In the end little was accomplished. But to remind the common man that rich men, celebrities, and stars don't really care about us. Given the opportunity to fix the sport (we all know it's broken), the league and the players reverted back thier cocoons until they noticed none but a few faithful cared. Then the magic that is Christmas inspired them all to throw in the towel and agree to continue what we been doing before. Owners & GMs handing out foolish contracts and players being greedy, both putting themselves above team and sport.
Wreckin shop, when I drop these lyrics that'll make you call the cops
Don't you dare stare, you betta move
Don't ever compare
But I realize now that there was no one else like me out there. There is so much content out in the blogsphere. And much of it is good. Now that the Depressed Fan has gone All Sixers All the Time you can't find a better Sixers blog. You can't compete with that. And you gotta love the Liberty Ballers. But it seems like everybody is a reporter or analyst. I'm just a fan. I'm a season ticket holder (for longer than this blog has existed). I were my heart on sleeve. This blog is about that perspective. Sure I have an opinion on just about everything. I'm Joe fan. But I'm not an expert (and I don;t play one on TV). It's about how I feel, how I think, what keeps me going. It doesn't matter if you read this. It's not about you.
Me to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced
Competition's payin the price
Those of you still with us ... I am sooo friggin juiced for some basketball. I didn't realize it until I watched the preseason game against the Wizards on Friday. I was pumped after the blowout. Watch out world ...   

Mama Said Knock You OUT!

No comments: