Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sixers waste an opportunity and lose to the Clippers

Wasted! That’s how I feel. The Sixers waste last nite’s win over Boston by losing to a sub 500 team tonite. And there’s simply no excuse for it. Yeah I know there was a snow storm outside, but everyone was there long before game time. The Clipper played last nite also. So the back to back thing was even.

But the Sixers come out soft. They allowed the Clipper to score 30 points in each of the first two quarters. That can’t happen. Maybe you don’t come out of the gate firing on all cylinders, but you don’t get torched for 60 by a sub-par team. It was about physicality. The Sixers did not man up on defense and they got out rebounded … again.


To their credit they did get it straighten out in the second half. And I thought Igoudala's shot at the buzzer was good and would get that monkey off his back. But it was not to be. I can’t recall a closer call. I did not see undisputable evidence to overturn the call on the floor. But hey I'm a homer. The Sixers went flat in overtime and drop the game 112-107. I thought the braves souls that ventured out in a blizzard deserved better.

No comments: