Sunday, April 05, 2009

I think the sun is setting on the A.I. Show

A.I.'s Tarnished Legacy - WSOC Charlotte. I found this article about AI compelling. I have always been a big fan of Iverson, but not an A.I. apologist.

I love the gritty play on the floor, but I could never defend the selfish off the court antics. I would have loved to see him win a championship (in Philly or elsewhere). But now the sun seems to be setting on mighty mouse. Next year, I cannot see any team willing to pay him anything close to his expiring contract or playing him 40+ minutes and 20+ shots a game. And the recent stretch with Detroit has shown that he is unwilling to accept anything less.

So next season, year 14, he will be further from getting that ring. He will be humbled by that reality.  It might get uglier than it has already.

Kinda of a shame really.

No comments: