Monday, April 04, 2005

Sixers sneak out of Boston with a win

Philadephia 76ers Blog After the Sixers sleep walking exhibition last Friday nite, I was not very excited about the specter of a Sunday evening game in Beantown. The previous game against the Dallas Mavs was one of those games where the word competitive never entered the lexicon of conversation about the game. AI gave up early and the rest of the team rolled over like a dog performing for a bone.

... Visions of a Boston massacre came to mind. Some how it didn't seem so bad that I had a family obligation during the broadcast. So what do I hear about the game? The Sixers came out smoking! The lead by over 20 points! I'm thinking to myself "Boy did I miss a good one!". How much did they win by? Sixers 97 Celtics 93 ... huh! ... Philadelphia had to hold off a late charge by Boston ... Okay, I've heard this tune before.

The no such thing as a bad win, but an easy win would be nice every so often.

No comments: